Monday, May 17, 2010

Is it Monday already???

I know what you are thinking. Why does it matter if it is Monday to a Domestic Engineer? One word---Schedules---yes, back up early, getting Rachel off to school, then off to the gym with Charlie boy to, as he says it, to get my fat off me. :o)

Which reminds me, this weekend the kids were playing Twister, thank you Aunt Brenda, and Charlie suggested to Rachel that I could play with them. Now consider, this conversation went on while I was in the laundry room with my head in the dryer pulling out mis mated socks, no doubt. So I over hear this conversation between by 2 precious gifts from God and I hear Rachel say, "Well, she might not be able to play because she's sort of not skinny and you have to be a little bit skinny to play this game!!!!" AH!! The nerve. Honestly, you know what they say, sometimes the truth hurts. However, sweet little Charlie stuck up for me. He very boldly stated back to her, "Yes she can Wachel!" Needless to say I decided it would be best if I just spin the wheel and tell them what color to put what body part on. Sometimes you just gotta take a deep breath.

This is the same girl who was playing store with Charlie on Sat morning, when Granny called and as she was talking to Granny, she said to Charlie, "Did you pay for that with your debit card?" Oh dear...we are in trouble. A little later I heard them playing store again and he told her one of her purchases "will be delivered on May 25th--that is Saturday!" Where do they get this stuff from????

So I am starting to feel a little better thanks the Z-Pack I got from the drive up Dr, as my dear Nanny calls it. I have a bad feeling this is going to turn into bronchitis just in time for our Girls Gone Wild in Chicago weekend coming up.Even if it does, it wont stop us from painting the town RED or PINK or whatever color we feel like. I can feel it settling in my chest now......Im not a Dr. but I really think sunshine would help. Lets see, this must be our 6th or 7th day of rain and clouds. Who wouldnt feel sick?

I suppose I better get going on my daily routine. I still have to shower, load the dishwasher, entertain Charlie, put away laundry, return overdue library books, and be in carpool line up by 2:30.

Oh wait, Im afraid Charlie has sunken into a deep depression. As I type he is digging through the closet for his winter coat, winter hat, mittens and SNOW BOOTS!!! I better talk him down off the ledge...the sun WILL shine again little boy......dont worry. And as he always tells Dann and I "Never give up!" hoping that is....to see the sun again....someday.
Now he has spotted a "one eared bunny rabbit" in the yard.....um, maybe it appears to only have one ear because you can only see one side of it??? Hmmm, how DOES the young mind think.
TTFN dear ones!!

No comments:

Post a Comment