Saturday, July 17, 2010

I did it again!

Well, time really flew by this time. So lets see, what is going on? Hmmm, its hotter than H-E-Double toothpicks!!! :o) And my hot flashes are continuing and are even more intense now than they have ever been. Oh, the joys. 95 degree days and intense hot flashes...not a good combo.

I feel like we have been housebound for way too long. I guess this is the equivalent of enduring a cold winter when its too cold to go outside. Now it is just too hot. Unfortunately we havent been able to enjoy much of our new patio. Since it has been in, the temps have been ridiculous!!!

We are getting ready to head to Iowa for Bix weekend, which means our anniversary is this week and Charlie boy will turn 4 this week! Lots of celebrating, starting tomorrow with Danns 39th birthday. The kids stayed in Iowa for a week right before the 4th and enjoyed a long camping trip with Granny and Poppy. They had a great time. I think they ate enough smores to last the rest of the summer.

School will be starting soon. Time to make my annual visit to Target to pick up the crazy long list of supplies...for 2 this time! Yeah! Charlie will be in school 3 days a week, which means I will have some free time finally! Of course, I volunteered to do playground/recess duty every week so I guess that equates to a job, sort of.

The kids are fighting like cats and dogs lately. I guess its all normal, but it drives me crazy. I keep telling them Im going to start wearing a black and white striped shirt if I am going to have to be a constant referee!! I have decided to let them work out their differences, unless I hear a "real Im hurt" cry. Last week was filled with lots of time outs in their bedrooms and one child was sent to bed immediately after bath for the night. I am happy to report much better behavior the following day from the boy...oops, I let the cat out of the bag, as if there was any question.

Rachel is taking gymnastics now and loves it. It seems to be a good fit for her. Its fun to watch her in her class. It gets a little intense when she starts flipping all over the house.....if only it was as padded here as it is in the gymnastics building. OUCH!!

Both kids are finishing up swimming lessons and are really good at swimming, unlike their mother....I really have been trying to get my swim classes going, but so far it hasnt worked out.

The kids saw Toy Story 3 with Catherine and they loved it. Now Charlie is all about Buzz Lightyear, so there is the theme for this years birthday party! Party in Iowa and then we will have a party here for his friends here. Rachels will be next. The birthday lists are flying around here!!
Better sign off and finish up this day. time for kids to get to bed so we can get up and do it all over again tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment